Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

My employer knew I was injured on the job back in May of this year and yet he didn't provide me a workers comp claim form and he let me go ahead and pay for my own medical attention out of my pocket for the injury. It wasn't until just last week (4 Months later)that i found out from a friend that this whole thing should be covered by workers comp and once I questioned the fact that since the injury occured at work I should be covered under workmans comp he immediately got me the form and made the call to get things rolling and said well you should have said something earlier, I did and he knew. I'm now going to get things taken care of unders workers comp but I have been in pain for over four months and have shelled out over $500.00 of my own money trying to get some relief. Anything I can do about that?

Asked on 9/30/13, 12:06 am

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

3 Answers from Attorneys


Contact your claims adjuster and request to be reimbursed for the out of pocket cost you had.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 8:52 am

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

Yes, there is something that you can do. Contact me for a free consultation at 1.877.505.INJURY, and give me the opportunity to review your case.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 5:59 pm

An attorney can file a claim and application for benefits for you. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 6:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California