Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

If I hurt my back at work and was working from home when I could due to medication perscribed by family doctor and never filed a worker compesation claim because my employer paid my wages while I was off from work. My employer suggested that I lose weight and he would show me how to lift items without injury. This happened months ago but I am still having back pain and on medication, can I still file a claim if I have been fired by that employer?

Asked on 12/29/11, 3:16 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

You have one year from the date of treatment or providing of any beneifits or date of the injury to file a formal claim.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/11, 3:25 pm
Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law

Yes you can still file a claim where are you located

Read more
Answered on 12/29/11, 3:52 pm

Yes you can still file and the fact that you continued to work without ant treatment may be used against you. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/11, 5:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California