Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

I live in California. If my workers comp overpays me (they sent a check for work missed until april 11th but I returned to work on April 3rd) do I have to repay them the difference for the week of work in between that they miscalculated?

Asked on 4/19/19, 7:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

If your employer provided you with work on April 3, you earned wages from April 3 to April 11. You may not receive money for not working for the same dates as you were paid wages. If your employer failed to provide you with work until April 12, only then can you keep the disability payment.

Read more
Answered on 4/22/19, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California