Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

Modified Duty - California Workers Comp

Does my employer need to provide me with written notice of job offer for modified duties? They left a message for me to return to work under modified conditions but have not addressed the modifications or the restrictions

Asked on 12/20/17, 2:26 pm

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

When you are at Maximum Medical Improvement (permanent & Stationary, for us oldsters), THEN the PERMANENTLY modified work offer must be in writing and have details. But just to come in for a temporary accomodation to match temporary work restrictions, there's nothing requiring this be written. If you don't report for modified duty, you can be terminated for no call/no show

Read more
Answered on 12/21/17, 11:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California