Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

i was put on permanent and stationary and went back to work with restrictions, was unable to keep working and my doctor put me back on calif. temporary total disability. Will comp. begin to pay me again?

Asked on 1/18/12, 8:03 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

No one can predict whether or not the carrier will resume your TTD. However, I could reasonably predict that without counsel, you will be prosecuting your workers' compensation case at a disadvantage. It looks like from the zip code you are in the Shasta County region. Look for a local workers' compensation attorney I'm sure he/she might be able to assist you. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/12, 8:37 pm

They have to pay you TTD. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 if you can't find representation.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/12, 5:20 pm
Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

MAKE CERTAIN YOUR DOCTOR faxed the new 'Work Status' finding to the Adjuster.

TOO MANY docs wait 30 days to issue a 'narrative' report and the adjuster has no evidence you are medically unable to continue working.

IF YOU have the "Work Status" one-sheeter or that PR-2 "Progress Report" with boxes checked showing "TTD" or "Temporarily Totally Disabled", YOU RUSH THAT to the adjuster with a note to 'Please resume Temporary Disability payments immediately."

I PREFER Faxing these documents and the injured workers' note and saving the FAX TRANSMISSION REPORT / FAX CONFIRMATION because later you can prove to a WC Judge you communicated to the adjuster that TTD was due, and the adjuster can be responsibility for penalties if they ignored you and didn't pay in a few days from that fax.

Hope that helped a little!

Read more
Answered on 1/20/12, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California