Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

Are religious organizations (churches) required to carry workers' comp coverage in California?

Asked on 1/24/12, 5:15 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

All employers must carry WC insurance or be self insured for it.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/12, 6:37 pm
David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

So long as the chuch has employees, the answer is "yes." After all, would you rather your chuch give donated money to charity, or an injured worker?

Read more
Answered on 1/24/12, 8:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California