Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

What size of award should my son 21, expect from wcab of ca, after a retinal detachment of the rt eye? The catch is, he only has one good eye he sees with; and that's the injured one. :- (

Asked on 8/13/19, 8:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

There is absolutely no way to answer this. It could be ZERO if you son sees doctors who write bad reports. Only two reports are admissible, and the judge has to pick from one of those two. Instead of fishing for estimates here, you would serve you son 100% better getting him to a very experienced Workers Comp specialist attorney, one who actually handles these matters personally and doesn't use legal 'assistants' to handle the workers comp matters. MOST FIRMS use secretaries they call 'legal assistants' to practice law without a license, and they know nothing about the special rules for high-velocity eye injuries, who to pick as a Primary Treating Physician and who to select as the Panel QME. If your son let the insurance adjuster select the Primary Treater and he issued a 0% report, then your son let the adjuster pick the Panel QME and he issued a 0% report, your son will be getting 0% no matter what permanent damage is actually there. The judge may not issue any finding based on your son's testimony, the judge can only use those spend all of your energy getting your son two excellent reports ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/19, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California