Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

If I am a supervisor at a nonprofit company, and two employees claim I make them stressed and file a workers comp claim, can the employer make me go to counseling if the claim is unfounded?

Asked on 4/27/12, 3:59 am

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

Yes, the employer can request you to do most anything even if you feel employee claims are unfounded.

California is an 'at will' employment state. The employer could terminate you for nothing at all.

If it is the Employer's wish that you get counseling, you have choices: Get Another Job, or Get Counseling.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/12, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California