Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

If I am still on workmans compensation and have had to move to another job and am having to be off from work ,who will take care of lost wages?

Asked on 7/10/12, 9:55 am

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

A Workers Compensation Insurance Company adjuster will not pay any Total Temporary Disability indemnity checks unless and until the Treating PHysician issues an Off Work Order or PR-2 Progress Report stating "No Work" or "Off Work".

If the Primary Treating PHysician has not declared you Totally temporarily Disabled, there will be no 'lost wages' or temporary disability checks UNLESS you can prove the employer failed and refused to provide any modified work.

There are no 'lost wages' in workers compensation... you only get 2/3 of your avg. weekly wage for the dates you were ordered by a MPN physician to stay off work completely (or that mpn physican prescribed modified duty and the employer refused any modified duty assignment).

Read more
Answered on 7/10/12, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California