Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

my husband died in car accident 10 years ago no will or trust just left me bills and two small children to raise,he had small amount of stock and I need to put in my name do I need a legal document showing I am the only heir to proceed probably around 1000.00 value. I live in Colorado now and am having trouble getting bank or anyone to help me.

Asked on 10/03/11, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary C. Johnson Attorney Gary C. Johnson

Get an original copy of the death certificate and execute an Affidavit (JDF 999).

Then present them to the broker/bank/etc. You will want an original death certificate for each Affidavit you present.

Look for the Instructions (JDF 998) also. 998 Instructions for Small Estate Affidavit R8-11.pdf

DISCLAIMER This answer is for informational purposes only and discusses general legal principles, trends, and considerations and is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. 720-323-3776

Read more
Answered on 10/04/11, 3:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado