Legal Question in Business Law in Colorado

Erroneous Entry on Credit Report

Sir or Madam,

I have an entry on my credit report that is not mine. I have requested an investigation through the credit agency and the company still maintains that this account is mine. Is there any recourse legally I can pursue?

Bill Horton

Asked on 10/08/01, 1:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sheldon G. Bardach Law Offices of Sheldon G. Bardach

Re: Erroneous Entry on Credit Report

Depending on the size of the charge,i.e. under $5,000.00, you could go into small claims court requesting an order of the court to have the charge removed from your card. As I discovered today, the small claims court does have equitable jurisdiction to order specific performance. I am sure that your agreement with the credit card company obliges them to bill you only for charges made or authorized by you. That the small claims court can specifically order performed.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/01, 4:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Colorado