Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Colorado

So, I bought a car in TX and then moved to Colorado about 1.5 years later. I lost my job and fell behind with the payments. They repossessed the car and now I am looking at having to pay the difference of what they sell it for vs. what I owe. My question is, What state laws do they have to follow in regards to if they file suit or not? Do they follow TX law because the contract was written in TX? I am worried about them trying to garnish my wages in Colorado.

Thank you for your help.

Asked on 7/22/16, 5:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

Their ability to garnish your Colorado wages will be based on Colorado law (they can garnish once they get a judgment). If you cannot pay the debt you might consider filing for bankruptcy protection.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/16, 5:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Colorado