Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Colorado

A startup I was working for as a hourly contractor is claiming they are out of money and shutting things down. I have many hours that I haven't invoiced for since the agreement was to invoice them monthly. They are offering to "pay" me with computer hardware but I'm wondering if there's still some path to getting paid what I am owed and what my legal options are without burning too many bridges.

Asked on 2/11/14, 6:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nitche Ward Ward Law & Associates, LLC

You can file a civil law suit in small claims court or county court. Small claims is designed for pro se filers; however, it is generally recommended that you not go into court without an advocate.

Give us a call and we can set you up for an appointment. The first step would be to evaluate the options you have.

Our number is 303-872-3249


Ward Law & Associates, LLC

12200 E Iliff Ave Suite 101

Aurora CO 80014

Let them know that you spoke with me on Law Guru and I am sure we can work on getting you a discount. We also have very affordable payment plans.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/14, 9:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Colorado