Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Colorado

I'm being sued by an apartment complex that I lived at 6 years ago. They say I broke my lease and are trying to collect all kinds of fees and damages. I asked them to send me a copy of my lease agreement as I know I was on a month to month lease. The lease they sent me was not a month to month lease and has my signature forged on it but has someone else name on it. They attached all kinds of fee charts and none which I have seen before and all of which are missing my signature. Can they legally hold me accountable for these charges when they don't have my signature on anything?

Asked on 1/04/17, 11:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

If you fail to file an answer to the lawsuit you will lose by default. If you file an answer, it sounds like it will be difficult for the apartment complex to establish their case.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/17, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Colorado