Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

arrest warrent information

The people living at my old apartment just contacted me and said they received a warrent for my arrest. What should I do?

Asked on 9/25/00, 7:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: arrest warrent information

1. Get a copy of it so you will know exactly what it is and what court it comes from. [It is extremely unusual for law enforcement to leave a warrant at someone's house, but not unusual to leave a civil summons; maybe they don't know the difference.]

2. If it is a warrant, call the Court where the warrant issued from and find out what the pending criminal case is about. You need not give your name to get this information, as files are public records.

3. Contact a criminal lawyer in your area if it is a criminal warrant, so s/he can contact the law enforcement agency on your behalf and find out what the charges are and how to resolve them.

For a no-cost online consultation with our CO attorney Email us.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/00, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado