Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

Deferred Judgement

My friend is serving a "deferred" judgement for another 2 1/2 years. My question is "does this show up on his record during the next 2 1/2 years" and "after the time is up what does he have to do to get it off his record"?


Asked on 10/27/00, 6:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: Deferred Judgement

This area is always confusing.

He will always have an arrest record with the agency which arrested him. That will never change, and there is nothing he can do about it.

He will have a criminal and public record of the crime for which he was prosecuted in the court where the prosecution took place, forever, and there is nothing he can do about it.

If he successfully completes the remainder of his probation, the case will be dismissed and he will have no felony conviction on his criminal history.

The record of arrest and prosecution will be there forever.

If he successfully completes the probation, he needs to make sure an Order is entered dismissing the case without further adjudication to complete the process.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/00, 10:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado