Legal Question in DUI Law in Colorado

I got a minor in possession of alcohol the other night. However the cop wrote the wrong first name on the ticket even though I corrected him multiple times. He also didn't get my license number and left it blank. But he did get my address and birthday. Also it is my uunderstanding that a minor who gets a MIP and is is drunk must have a parent or guardian pick him up and sign the release. I did not get picked up by a parent. I ride home with a friend and my parents didn't sign any kind of release let alone get a call or anything. What is my best option to get out of this? Don't show up for court since I'm not scheduled to appear, some non existent guy is? What should I do?

Asked on 10/29/13, 10:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

Your best option is hiring an attorney to seek a dismissal based upon a defective summons and complaint.

If you don't show up, a warrant will go out for your arrest. They'll figure the name out.

If you show up yourself, a chance exists the DA will amend the summons to add the correct name.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/13, 5:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Colorado