Legal Question in Elder Law in Colorado

My friend is about to inherit approx $20,000 from her mother's estate in Colorado. She is disabled and receives SSI and Medicaid. She cannot afford to lose her medicaid so what should she do?


Asked on 8/05/09, 2:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Campbell Law Offices of John J. Campbell, P.C.

Your friend should contact the Colorado Fund for People with Disabilities to see about opening a Pooled Trust account. She could place her inheritance into such an account and not lose SSI or Medicaid. The monies in the account could then be used to supplement her public benefits.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/09, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Colorado