Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

I was married in the state of Illinois at the age of 19 in 1974. At the time the birth certificate that I used was a fake one and didn't know it, I was given the certificate from my Mom. The name on it was not my legal name. I'm still with the same man but circumstances have changed and I need to know if I'm legally married. I do not want any support, the house or anything just my freedom. I'm now living in Colorado

Asked on 3/29/11, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary C. Johnson Attorney Gary C. Johnson

I believe based on the facts you stated that you are married. A "dissolution" proceeding is advised (Colorado term for divorce). Let me know if I can help.

DISCLAIMER This answer is for informational purposes only and discusses general legal principles, trends, and considerations and is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. 720-323-3776 [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/30/11, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado