Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

getting visitation rights squashed

I am the grandmother of a 4 & 2 yr. old boys My daughter and husband got a divorce in February(by her paying) and her ex is making her life miserable. Is there a way that I can intercept and have his visits stopped until he receives counseling and quits bad mouthing and calling her names in front of the boys. He also tells them ll the time that she has a man friend over, she has not and does not have a desire, her boys are her concern. He starts in on her on Tuesdays, her days off being Wed. & Thurs. , and makes her miserable the whle time she has them. Again on Fridays he blames her for all the problems they ever had.

Asked on 4/07/07, 6:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theodore Watson Watson and Associates, LLC

Re: getting visitation rights squashed

As a grandparent, Colorado allows you to petition for your own time with the children. I would seem as this would bethe avenue to go. This way, you would now be an interested party in the case.

Feel free to contact us if this is something you want to pursue.


Read more
Answered on 4/07/07, 6:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado