Legal Question in Mediation in Colorado

Being sued by ex-fiance(he wants my ring back)

We mutually agreed to end the relationship although he claims otherwise. He has told me a couple times I could keep the ring, my mother is a witness. Now he is trying to sue me to get it back. He will claim he didn't say those things. He is bipolar and smokes alot of dope. Will any of these things make a difference to a judge and do I have any chance of keeping my ring?

Asked on 8/27/03, 7:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: Being sued by ex-fiance(he wants my ring back)

Most states will require you to return the ring. It is a gift in anticipation of marriage. If the marriage doesn't go through, the gift is no good and he is entitled to get it back. That's the rule in most states.

Chances are he didn't start to smoke dope yesterday, and if he is bipolar, that's not new either.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/03, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Colorado