Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Colorado

My doctor is practicing at a Health Center complete with various other health professionals. I have paid off any medical bills I had. I am now unemployed. Now, they have new accountants that have looked again at everyone's bills. I have been re-billed going back to February 2008, when I had insurance and paid any co-pay. My bill is now 158.00, and another bill will be forthcoming. Are they in their legal right to bill again? How long can they legally go back and bill me for medical care I thought I had previously paid if full?

Thank you for any help.

Asked on 1/04/10, 11:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Chalat Chalat Hatten Koupal & Banker P.C.

If you arebeing re-billed for treatment received during the period during which you had medical insurance, then your insurance company should still cover those expenses. I would suggest that you contact the health center and request that the new charges be submitted to the insurance company before you are asked for any further payment - it is the medical center's mistake and they should be willing to work with you to get the coverage you deserve.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/10, 1:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Colorado