Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

my father used to abuse me both physically and mentally and my counselor in middle school called the cops on him but when we went down to the police station and they questioned us he just denied the VA had put him on prozac but he refuses to take it and i ended up attempting suicide over it leaving my left side paralyzed and i was curious if there is anything i could sue him for

Asked on 5/11/12, 10:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Chalat Chalat Hatten Koupal & Banker PC

You perhaps could sue your father. Whether that lawsuit would result in a collectible judgment or any meaningful result is an open question which an attorney would need to evaluate. More importantly, you need to be in a safe and protected place. Are you presently in protective custody? Are you in a safe place? If not, you should contact police immediately, and get protection.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/12, 6:09 am
Jason Savela The Savela Law Firm, PC

statute of limitations may be an issue - you should talk with a lawyer very soon - if you are still a minor, then no limitations yet

Read more
Answered on 5/12/12, 3:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado