Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

Got hit by a car while in the crosswalk,driver's fault-police wrote her a citation,failure to yield to a pedestrian;got a broken ankle and back,neck,knee injuries. accident was in Colorado I was planning to go to Utah.Can I still go to Utah and get a lawyer there?

Asked on 2/10/16, 10:39 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

You can retain a Utah attorney to assist you, but your case will be governed by Colorado law. If the at-fault driver lives in Colorado, you would need to file your lawsuit in Colorado. If, by chance, the driver lives in Utah, you could file a lawsuit in Utah. If you wish to talk in greater detail, please call at your convenience.

Russell Hatten

Chalat Hatten Koupal & Banker PC

1600 Broadway, Ste. 1920

Denver, CO 80202

office 303.861.1042

cell 303.898.3987

Read more
Answered on 2/10/16, 11:07 am
Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

You can go to Utah, but you need a lawyer in Colorado. You cannot file a lawsuit in Utah.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/16, 1:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado