Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

Injury from glass in food at restaurant

Chunk of glass in food at restaurant caused minor dental irritation. Two exams, no dental work required. Insurance company wants last 2 years dental records and I don't feel they need them. I am concerned about potential for disease or future repurcussions. Do I have to supply the dental records when no work needs to be done? Should insurance pay for my mental anguish and inconvenience? Most important--When should I sign the insurance company's release forms?

Asked on 4/10/02, 2:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Savela The Savela Law Firm, PC

Re: Injury from glass in food at restaurant

Is this your insurance or the insurance of the restuarant?

If it is the restuarant insurance, then signing forms may be signing away any future claims - be careful. Is there anything in your dental records that you need to protect? The only thing that the insurance company should need is something indicating that this was not a pre-existing condition of some sort.

The restuarant or its insurance company should pay for all your damages, including mental anguish and inconvenience.

Remember, insurance companies are trying to give you the lowest amount of money possible. They are the enemy, not your friend.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/02, 3:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado