Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

Is there a legal way to stop the sale of a house by public trustee Colorado so that I and have time to close a loan for the property that is listed for sale (by a realtor representing Medicaid as part of Medicaid's estate recovery program)?

Asked on 4/25/16, 12:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

The only way to force the sale to stop is to file bankruptcy. In many cases you can talk the bank into agreeing to postpone the sale if they can expect to be paid soon (your Realtor can work on this), but if the bank does not agree you cannot force them to postpone the sale without filing for bankruptcy protection.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/16, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado