Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

My mother in law purchased a house that needed to be completely remodeled in the inside she ask me to do the work needed. She hired out specific work like electric and plumbing. Both our names are the title as owners. My wife and I are having marital problems and MAY divorce, now she is saying I did not do the work and wants my name off the title. She lives in the house which turned out beautiful, can she have my name removed, what are my rights

Asked on 11/15/16, 10:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

She cannot force you to release your interest in the property. She may have other remedies depending on the terms of the agreement she can establish - if any - regarding the work and the ownership of the house.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/16, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado