Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

deceased father

My dad passed away. I have been paying his bills and there is no executer of the estate or power of attorney. What do you think I should do

Asked on 10/08/07, 5:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Campbell Law Offices of John J. Campbell, P.C.

Re: deceased father

Do not pay any more bills until you see an Elder Law attorney. You will likely need to open a Probate Estate and be appointed as your father's personal representative before you have any legal authority to make payments from your father's assets.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/07, 6:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado