Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

estate settlement

What options to I have, my mother passed away on July 13,2006, The executor (my brother) has not secured any accounts as of now. I have requested the value of thher checking and CD's and have been denied. Replied he didn't have to give me information of the values.

Asked on 6/20/08, 12:41 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Re: estate settlement

I agree with Mr. Jenkins. See a probate attorney immediately. It is not clear from your posting whether the estate is in AZ or CO. We offer free initial consultations in CO.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/08, 6:23 pm
James Jenkins Jenkins Law Center PLC

Re: estate settlement

See an estate attorney immediately. More details are needed. Has a probate case been opened? Is the estate large enough for a probate? Were there automatic beneficiary designations on accounts? (POD, etc.) Do you have a copy of the will? Was there a trust, a will or no will? Who are the beneficiaries? You are entitled to information, but more details need to be known to properly give you advice.

We offer free, no obligation initial consultations, and handle probate and estate cases in all Arizona counties. Arrange that at 480.835.1500 or email.

Best regards,

James D. Jenkins

Read more
Answered on 6/20/08, 2:55 pm
V. Iyer Iyer Law Office, L.L.C.

Re: estate settlement

You can file a petition with the probate court to force an accounting by the executor or PR.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/08, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado