Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado


my brother is both successor trustee and personal rep. on my mother living trust and estate. my mom passed away a little over 6 months ago and my brother has been the trustee and personal rep for about 5 months. i have sent him written requests for an inventory list on the trust and the estate and have received nothing from him. when his lawyer filed with the courts to appoint him personal rep he said in the court papers that an inventory list was included or was available by requesting it from the personal rep.

Colorado, estate approx value 600k cash, 1.3 mil property, 200k misc

total 5 people equal share

Asked on 12/01/17, 7:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Mosaic Legal Partners LLC

I am sorry for your loss.

You and the other beneficiaries need to retain a probate attorney so they can make sure the fiduciary follows the requirements and provides all the information necessary. That may require action in probate court. Contact a probate attorney for advice as most of us provide free consultations.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/17, 9:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado