Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

We currently have a joint living trust set up in California. We have moved to Colorado, and want to get it set up here to comply with Colorado laws. Can we use the online living trust forms that we see to re-write/update the living trust ourselves, or must we go through a law firm in Colorado to make this change? Thanks. Mark

Asked on 7/29/13, 12:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bernard Greenberg KOKISH & GOLDMANIS, P.C.

You should avoid any online or internet forms. They contain hidden traps that you may not notice. They don't work and could create a problem for your family should something happen to you.

Your best approach is to take your existing documents to an attorney specializing in estate planning to be reviewed. You may not have to change as much as you think, but the only way to know is to do an estate planning review and avoid advice from the internet.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado