Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

I live in the state of Colorado. By grandmother died, she does have will which I am the executor. She does not have any assets other than a checking account. Do I have to file probate paperwork to get the money remaining in the checking account? I am the sole heir as my Father and two brothers have passed away.

Asked on 3/29/18, 7:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.

I am sorry for your loss. If she did not have real estate and the value of her assets is under $66,000, you can use the small estate affidavit. The form is here Contact a probate attorney if you have questions.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/18, 8:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado