Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

I have been recently diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and my wife is having a difficult time dealing with this. I want to assign my mother to a general power of attorney to help with any decisions about the family finances. What kind of legal effect will this have upon my wife if something were to happen to me in the future

Asked on 9/06/11, 10:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bernard Greenberg KOKISH & GOLDMANIS, P.C.

Your question is complex especially if you are trying to name your Mother as your agent in a Power of Attorney contrary to your wife's wishes.

I recommend that you visit with a qualified estate planning attorney to discuss your situation and assess your options. Embarking on this with your wife's consent will be helpful to you and minimize family friction.

Perhaps if you involve your wife in these discussions, she will agree on the wisdom and necessity of having someone else handle your finances.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/11, 12:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado