Legal Question in Personal Injury in Connecticut

I was in a motor vehicle accident in which I was the passenger back in may of this year. I have gone to the chiropractor since then, and the insurance company has paid all of the medical bills directly to the Dr. Which totalled around $4800. We are currently in the settlement stage for my pain and suffering claim. The points I am making to the insurance company include the pain I have so far been through with my whip lash and lower back injuries; I have been told by my chiropractor to expect to have pain for years in the future; I now have what I would call "passenger anxiety" while in the car

Asked on 12/30/11, 2:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Aspell Law Office of James F. Aspell, PC

Frankly you're asking a lawyer to value your case for free which is an unrealistic expectation. Either you settle the case directly with the insurance company and take your chances that you have a fair figure or you hire a lawyer to represent you and you pay him or her their fee to settle the case or take it to trial. There is a lot that goes into the value of a case and only an experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to properly analyze it.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/11, 9:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Connecticut