Legal Question in Business Law in Connecticut

I have a car that was leaking antifreeze from near the driver tire. I took it to get it fixed and paid $1500. They said it was the radiator which is that the front of the car and didn't make sense. I got the car back and it was still leaking so they said it was a hose from the radiator and replaced it for free. The problem wasn't fixed. They said they couldn't find the leak and asked for more time to look at the car. It still leaked from the same place. Turns out it was the Water Pump. They wanted another $500 to fix the Water Pump. Can I get my $1500 back in unnecessary repairs?

Asked on 8/27/20, 4:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

It is unlikely that you will be able to get a refund as they likely can justify their time and labor examining the car. Also, the time you would spend chasing that money will likely cost more than what it is you are pursuing. This is a common problem for a lot of people. You wouldn't be able to get back your payments to a doctor if they reasonably misdiagnosed you either unless it was as a result of gross negligence.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/20, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Connecticut