Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Connecticut

Student Policies and Due Process in Public College

I have been dismissed from a college program and I did not receive even the smallest measure of due process. No notice, statement of charges, hearing, nothing.

It is a State supported school, not a Private school.

Is it possible that when I signed something at orientation agreeing to the school policies I signed away my right to due process? Can a person do that? I cannot sign a paper that gives up my constitutionally protected rights, can I?

Hypothetically, could I sign something that gives a school the right to imprison me against my will at their discretion? Give me medication against my will? Take property from me without cause?

Asked on 2/19/09, 8:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Re: Student Policies and Due Process in Public College

Some rights can be waived, others can't. Without knowing more about your situation, I can't say whether you waived any of your rights or, even if you didn't, whether the college violated them.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/09, 8:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Connecticut