Legal Question in Criminal Law in Connecticut

I have a question about legal representation, I cannot afford an attorney, I was pulled over one night with my girlfriend (we don't know why) and was asked if they could search the car, we agreed, they found nothing, but my girlfriend (unbeknownst to me) had 3 (three) 1 mg. klonopin pills in her pocket,

we were both arresested, (he state police even drew a gun on her), they brought us to the station, interrogated us trying to get names of drug dealers , we don't do any of that. my girlfriend was having a tough time because a friend died and thought the klonopin would help, police told us if we could give names all of this would go away. long story short, they charged us both with possession of a narcotic 21a-278(b, as well as intent to sell !!21a-278(b)

this was all over 3 pills, I knew nothing of, yet I was charged too, and sell??? 3 pills???

I need help, i'm terrified, we went to court I didn't get to talk to anyone the case was continued I didn't have the $25 fee. What should I do??? will a public defender help me and how can I get this thrown out I DIDN"T DO ANYTHING !!!! the police harrased me because i'm a musician and said, all musicians use drugs, I need help. please advise, point me in the right direction, thankyou

Asked on 10/28/10, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Wetmore The Law Office of Jonathan A. Wetmore

You are in a tough spot. If your girlfriend collaborates your story you may be able to get the prosecutor to nolle the charges against you. If not, you can apply for the Drug Education Program which, if you qualify for and successfully complete the program, would result in a dismissal of the possession charge. Hopefully, the prosecutor would then agree to nolle the intent to sell charge. Lastly, you always have a right to a trial. You should consult with an attorney prior to your next court to fully discuss your options. Please let me know if there is anything I can be of assistance with. Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/10, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Connecticut