Legal Question in Education Law in Connecticut

I attend a private mortuary college in Massachusetts while living in Connecticut. Coming to the end of my time here I am in the clinical phases, my home state laws do not allow me to do the work for clinicals until I have the degree. The school has stated it is not their problem in those words.

I’m over 50k in student loans if I am forced to walk away empty handed even though I have completed all the academic work I will be in ruins. 3 years and nobody told me I’d be unable to complete due to my state laws until after I had paid for the “course”

Is this legal?

Asked on 3/09/20, 5:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

Perhaps you can get a waiver for the requirement so that you may do your clinicals. Have you exhausted all administrative remedies available to you? Have you requested an exemption or waiver or perhaps an accommodation? 203-870-6700

Read more
Answered on 3/30/20, 12:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Connecticut