Legal Question in Elder Law in Connecticut

What can be done if the caretaker for someone mother is the daughter. An the mother sold her house and the other sister did not tell the other slibing she had the paperwork for 15 years she was the power or attoney. The caretaker is the number one daughter that was on the bank account #2 daughter that had the paper went to the bank take out all the money. An the mother is in a nurse home. Can she get a court order that show where her mother money is being spent.

Asked on 11/18/13, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

Number one daughter can apply to the probate court to be the mother's conservator and ask the court to order number two daughter to provide an accounting of where the money is or went.

Also, the nursing home will want to be paid if there was any money. Number two daughter may have to pay the nursing home the money if she took it out within 5 years of the mother going into the nursing home.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/13, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Connecticut