Legal Question in Elder Law in Connecticut

Power of Attorney. My elderly husband and I are currently living in separate locations, but we are in constant touch. He wants to come home and I am willing to let him do that. We decided not to get a divorce. But, while he was away from me, hiss daughters claim that he signed a form making them power of attorney. But they also signed as the 2 witnesses and their cousin signed off as notary public. Then they sent a sheriff to serve me a copy of the papers. No lawyer was involved and my husband claims he didn't sign the paper. Is this legal? Additional information: My husband was hospitalized for covid and pheumonia and went to a nursing home to recover, then went home. The would not allow me to see him or talk to him. He has had his 2 covid shots.

Asked on 9/29/21, 8:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

Something is very wrong with this situation. You should speak with an eldercare or probate attorney ASAP. My partner Christopher Hite would be able to answer your questions and give you more guidance. Please feel free to reach out to him today. 203.870.6700.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/21, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Connecticut