Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

My friend was spontaneously married in Oakland, CA last year. It was a mistake and she wants a divorce or annulment. Neither of them currently live in California. She is Italian. Can they get divorced in another state?

Asked on 8/27/13, 2:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

To get a divorce in a particular state, you must be a resident of that state for the statutory period. In Connecticut one of the parties must live here for at least one year prior to bringing the action or one year prior to entry of the judgment.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 5:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut