Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

My husband abandoned me and has not made any payments towards the mortgage or taxes. Can I sue for the payments he has missed when filing for divorce for abandonment? I live in CT

Asked on 5/06/13, 4:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg, Miller, Hite & Morilla, LLC

When you file divorce against your husband, there is a motion that you can file with the papers that is a motion for contributions to household expenses. It is very likely that the judge will grant this. You will very likely be able to use his missed payments in negotiating a settlement with him so that you can divorce amicably. If you need any further answers or have further questions do not hesitate to call our offices. 203.870.6700

Read more
Answered on 5/12/13, 9:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut