Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

My husband is deploying overseas. He called me a week ago from Mississippi and told me he filed for divorce. We live in Connecticut. He said he called an attorney in Stamford, Ct . To date I have not received anything. Is it possible for him to file in Ct if he is in Mississippi? And shouldn't have I been served by now?

Asked on 8/03/13, 4:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP

He can file here. You should be served soon. CT law will control. Call me and I ll explain.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/13, 5:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut