Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

I tried to modify custody to sole custody bc the therapist and my ex said he was using heroin in front of my son. We had joint at the time, the grandparents filed an emergency petition saying I was abusive and I have been fighting since. Sadly, my son overdosed 3 weeks ago. The therapist will not let me see him. The consent order says if we do not agree we go to mediation- the lawyer refuses to go. What do I do?

Asked on 2/21/19, 12:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

The way your question is worded raises more questions. However, one thing is clear: Mediation never hurt anyone. If going to a mediation further;s your agenda, then perhaps you should go. Why would your lawyer refuse to go. That seems unusual or there is something else you are not mentioning here. Is the lawyer being paid?

Read more
Answered on 3/13/19, 11:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut