Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

Ri child support enforcement took my ex to court, i just received a letter that says he went in front of a magistrate upon the motion to set arrears and to vacate filed by plaintiff ( i assume im the plaintiff?). It says the defendant requests a new date to file motions in ct, where i live with kids. What does this mean? He owes about 4,000.00 in child support.

Asked on 8/12/13, 6:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

I can not be certain because I don't have enough information but it sounds like the magistrate wants him to bring any motions and requests to a court in Connecticut so that you have the ability to respond and appear because you live in CT. He would have to serve you.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut