Legal Question in Immigration Law in Connecticut

I got my conditional green card as a result of marriage 6 months ago. My husband is now filing for divorce and claims he can "undo" the immigration process so that I lose my green card. The marriage was legitimate and we have two children together. What can I do?

Asked on 4/02/13, 2:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

You will need to file the I-751 on your own and be prepared to show the marriage was entered into in good faith. Be sure to save photo albums and shared financial records.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 2:57 pm

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Your husband cannot "undo" anything. Your conditional residency is for 2 years. Before the 2 years terminates, you must file form I-751 & prove to USCIS that you entered into a legitimate marriage with no fraud involved.

If you have 2 children together, make sure you get a good Family Law Attorney too!

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 3:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Connecticut