Legal Question in Immigration Law in Connecticut

Am i eligible for an employment authorization while seeking for relative petition I 130 or if application is on a pending case?currently my immigration status in the u.s is no status.

Asked on 6/12/20, 9:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You are not eligible for an EAD with only an I-130 pending. However, if you are out of status & not being petitioned by an immediate relative, you will not be eligible to adjust status in the United States, except with 245i grandfatheing. If you are an immediate relative, you should have filed your I485 pkg with your I130. I suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney on your case.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/20, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Connecticut