Legal Question in Immigration Law in Connecticut

I'm married with an ilegal Immigrant, we have a bay together, he was born here. I'm gonna be a american citizen this year and I would like to apply for her. My question is that if she needs to get out of the country to get documents or she can stay her. Her visa expired, she came as tourist. Thank you so much, Celio

Asked on 4/05/11, 6:47 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

She doesn't necessarily have to leave but I need to get more information from you. Please contact my office at 904-371-3538 or email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/05/11, 7:23 pm

Mercy Sequeira Law Office of Mercy Sequeira

Hi Celio. Your wife can get her green card without leaving the United States. Please call my offices for a free consultation. I can be reached at 408-245-2416 or [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/06/11, 10:05 am
Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Hello Celio,

If your wife entered the country with a visa and never left after that, she may be eligible to apply for her green card while remaining in the United States. Once you become a U.S. Citizen, you may apply for her to adjust her status. You should speak to an immigration attorney to make sure she does not have any grounds of inadmissibility that would prevent her from obtaining a green card. Please feel free to contact me at 415-273-9123 to discuss this matter further.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 4/06/11, 10:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Connecticut