I am a tenant in a high rent home, the landlord wants to begin showing the house 60 days prior to the lease end (per lease agreement). He made demands that my dog as well as my entire family vacate the home while showing. That is a tad too much for my taste as I pay full rent and I am ok with the showings. However, we wanted to add these rules for showing, do you think they are OK?
1. DO NOT PARK IN THE DRIVEWAY, DO NOT BLOCK IT IN ANY WAY
2. NO PICTURES OR VIDEO INSIDE THE HOUSE
3. SHOES OFF IN THE HOUSE
4. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING IN THE HOUSE (ITEMS, HANDLES, KNOBS, HANDRAILS ETC.) ANYTHING THAT YOU MAY TOUCH WILL NEED TO BE DISINFECTED, LET US KNOW IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY TOUCH ANYTHING BY ASKING YOUR REALTOR TO CONTACT US AT ONCE. (SAME IF YOU BREAK OR DAMAGE ANYTHING)
5. A MASK, COVERING THE MOUTH AND NOSE IS REQUIRED TO VISIT THE HOME, NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE HOME. ONE OF THE OCCUPANTS IS A HIGH MEDICAL RISK.
7. DO NOT USE THE RESTROOMS
8. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING
9. THERE IS A SMALL AREA OFF LIMITS, A SIGN IS ON THE DOOR, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THOSE AREAS (MASTER BEDROOM CLOSET)
10. PLEASE KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR CHILDREN
11. CLOTHES WASHER/DRYER ARE NOT INCLUDED
12. THE HOUSE INTERIOR AS WELL AS THE EXTERIOR IS ALWAYS UNDER AUDIO AND VIDEO SURVEILLANCE AND RECORDING
13. WE, THE TENANTS, SPEND CONSIDERABLE TIME REMOVING PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS, PERSONAL PICTURES, ART ETC. FOR YOUR HOUSE VIEWING, THEN WE NEED TO REPLACE EVERYTHING AFTER YOUR DEPARTURE.
WE ALSO PAY TO ENJOY THIS HOME AROUND THE CLOCK SO, PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND KEEP YOUR VISIT BRIEF AND SAFE FOR ALL. ENJOY YOUR VIEWING.
14. VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE BASIC RULES WILL RESULT IN HAVING TO REQUEST YOUR IMMEDIATE DEPARTURE.
15. IN THE VERY UNLIKELY EVENT OF AN INJURY (SLIP, FALL ETC.) YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK RECOVERY FROM THE TENANTS OR THEIR INSURANCE, BUT PURSUE THE HOMEOWNER EXCLUSIVELY AS YOU ARE NOT AN INVITED GUEST OF THE TENANTS.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH OUR HEALTH AND PRIVACY REQUESTS
ENTERING THESE PREMISES IS A FULL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES ABOVE
1 Answer from Attorneys
Very comprehensive. I'm not certain what you are asking. You seem to have the situation well in hand.
Related Questions & Answers
I’m in an unusual situation. The lease for my apartment expired in March of... Asked 11/19/20, 2:20 am in United States Connecticut Landlord & Tenants