Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Connecticut

In 2008 my brother gave me $150,000 of his money to hold onto for a future business with my husband. Since April 2008 I have given him back $60,000. He is a drug user. I am very concerned for him and was wondering if there is any legal action in the probate court I can take so I don't have to give him back his remaining money until he is drug free and more stable?

Needless to husband will no longer go into business with him.

Thank you!

Asked on 8/26/09, 2:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

I'm not sure you even have to take any legal action. Why don't you just deposit the money in a special account that you have set up and not give it back until he has rehabilitated himself.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/09, 9:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Connecticut